Wanna Come Antiquing With Me?

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I spent my weekend hunting for treasures. My friend Reneé and I took a trek up to Sacramento County to shop at some of our favorite haunts. Thought it would be fun to share them with you!

The first stop was to Cottage Girls in Carmichael, CA. Talented friend Jana has been the proprietor of this charming shop for several years.

This cottage is brimming with beautifully edited pieces. You'll find vignettes of whimsical, curious and stunning antique/vintage items. I always leave there with some goodies!





You can spend hours looking through the layers of wonder, so beautiful! I especially love Jana's neutral color palette.



Vito was being a sport, although he really dislikes antiquing!



Next stop was to the city of Fair Oaks, not too far from Carmichael. My friend Laurie recently opened the fabulous Bleu. Located in Old Fair Oaks Village (the cutest little street), Laurie's shop is filled with gorgeous antiques.

From gleaming old French chandeliers to garden furniture, you're sure to come home with a treasure!



Laurie grew up surrounded by antiques and has a avid eye for the most striking and beautiful things. I've always admired her aesthetic.


I purchased this wonderful old dog plate featuring a 1910 calendar. Love it!


Right next door to Laurie's shop is another lovely store, Bungalow.

Bungalow carries home and garden items including architectural fragments, repurposed & painted furniture, garden elements...the list goes on! This store is packed with treasures and has a sublime ambiance.


One of the special attractions in Old Fair Oaks Village are the chickens, roosters and hens that just wander around the village square and stop traffic. I tried to photograph them (below) but they ran too fast when they saw the camera!

Thanks for shopping with me! Hope you enjoyed a peek inside these wonderful shops. If you're in the Sacramento area, you must make a point to stop in. You'll be glad you did!

Cottage Girls
5912 Palm Drive
Carmichael, California 95608

Bleu
10147 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, California 95628

Bungalow
10139 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh there are to many things to list that I would be purchasing...what a fun weekend!
That Vito is so handsome and such a shopping sport. Looks like a wonderful area to vintage shop and so glad you bought that plate........it is wonderful Lynn. XO
GwendolynKay said…
I love it all!!! Thanks for taking us along.
Blessings~
Sheira said…
Wow! What incredible shops with such gorgeous items. Thank you so much for sharing! I see a road trip to Carmichael in my future!
Dianna said…
Lynn,
I wanna go w/you guys some time :)
Unknown said…
Oh, I wish I could have joined you! Those are my favorite local shops...I live right near by. xx

Popular Posts