Do You Covet Vintage Ephemera?

Well, I have just the book for you. Taschen recently published, Menu Design in America: 1850-1985. This hardcover book explores the golden age of design and dining through 800 menus, beginning with the bills of fare for the very first restaurants that opened during the late 1800's.


I adore vintage menus. Collecting menus is a little pastime of mine. I have some favorites framed in my kitchen and little breakfast nook. Their beautiful graphics, history and content just thrill me. It's always fun to look at the prices back in the day.

Ooh, love this one from Bimbo's 365 Club, which still exists in San Francisco. I actually own this menu...

So, if you love old menus and restaurant history, pick up a copy of Menu Design in America here.


Oh, and Happy Monday!

images from here

Comments

Lissette said…
This is amazing! I'm going to have to pick up a copy of this book. :)
La Dolfina said…
Looks like a great book. I adore the menu you have from Bimbo's!!!
You have the best stuff Lynn :)
xo

Popular Posts