Giving Thanks


As we celebrate Thanksgiving, I was pondering what I have to be thankful for.

Losing my grandmother recently has been an awakening for me. The days aren't as bright and the nights are sadly quiet. Yes it is different, and I feel empty inside, but there is still so much to be thankful for. I am so very thankful that I had this special woman in my life for almost 50 years. Thankful to be surrounded by supportive and loving friends & family that have always been there through good and bad times. Thankful for a loving and caring husband. Thankful to cuddle my little Vito every day. Good health, a job I love, a comfortable home. That's a lot to be thankful for.

Wishing all of you in the States and beyond a very Happy Thanksgiving. May you have a beautiful day surrounded by the ones you love. And I thank you for being ever-so-supportive and encouraging.

Comments

Remember that you have so many fond memories of your Grandmother, Lynne.It's early days yet and, still very sad for you.
I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving and a day of togetherness. XXXX
I'm so sorry for your loss, Lynn. I bet your grandmother gave you your appreciation for all the wonderful things you collect and admire.
So I thank her for that. I know you're sad cause she's gone, but she's not far away and you will see her again one day!
Happy Thanksgiving, Lynn. I know you miss your sweet Grandma, I miss my dad too but how lucky were we to have such splendid people in our lives?! There's honestly not one day that goes by without my thinking of him and his kind words. Take care and remember your Grandma is still living in your heart each and every day!
Love to Vito from Zeke too, I believe he's a Bichon? From one French pooch to another this thankful holiday.
Cathi said…
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember all the love that you shared with your grandmother.

xxoo
Unknown said…
Hi Lynn,
I wish you and your family the warmest of holidays tomorrow. I know how hard it can be to celebrate when inside you are so sad. I hope that you have a beautiful day and enjoy it, just like it sounds like your Grandmother would have done :)
My heart goes out to you and from my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving.
xoxo
Judith~
Unknown said…
cherish your memories, they seem wonderful, have a lovely Thanksgiving and thanks for your support...
Karen
FrenchBlue said…
Gobble gobble gobble~
Happy Thanksgiving~
I love you on this day and tomorrow~
XO's

Popular Posts