Happy Labor Day Weekend!

For all of you in the states celebrating this holiday weekend, what do you have planned? Hopefully something fun!

I just wanted to remind you that this Sunday is the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. When I was 15, I began volunteering for this great organization by working the midnight shift taking pledges over the phone. You know... those people you see on TV waiting for the phones to ring. In many cases, they never stopped ringing! I did this every Labor Day weekend into my late 20's. It was so fulfilling working toward a great cause helping adults and children fight Muscular Dystrophy. Although I haven't volunteered in many years, I still get teary-eyed watching the telethon, and always make a donation.

So, during your busy holiday weekend, don't forget to tune in to the telethon Sept. 6-7, or check out the MDA website here. They take online donations. We'll sure miss Ed McMahon, but look forward to seeing Jerry and his kids. And hopefully one day they'll find a cure for this horrible disease and we won't have a telethon to watch.



Have a fabulous, long weekend!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Have a wonderful weekend.That is a great and worthy cause.
Anonymous said…
Ohhhhh you are a very very good ambassadors för the blog-sphere.... I love your blog!

Regards from Agneta in Sweden
As I live in the U.K. I cannot do as you ask, but we do have the equivilent to your telethon. Hope you all have a wonderful Labor weekend. XXXX

Popular Posts