Reservations, please...

I've never been to Buenos Aires, but after looking at photos of the Faena Hotel + Universe, it's time to start saving my pennies...

The 110-room hotel and residential complex is the brainchild of local iconoclast Alen Faena, a fashion designer turned real estate entrepreneur. He tapped fellow visionary Philippe Starck to drape the spacious interiors with a decadent decor rich in velvets, reds and golds, plus contemporary, all-white touches; imagine Belle Époque-meets-21st-century.

Upon arrival, I think I'd check in and head straight to the spa for some relaxation and pampering after a long plane flight. Perhaps the 5-star treatment massage and a facial treatment with La Prairie products. Oh, I'm relaxed now.



Now I'm off to "The Cellar" for a glass of wine. The Cellar has the largest collection of wines in Argentina. Love this sophisticated room!



A gal's gotta shop! La Boutique offers some exquisite items and I love the decor. I think I'll pick up a couple of things.



Pretty pooped now. I think it's time for sleep in one of the Executive Rooms, with wonderful views of the sunset.



Wake up time and I'm off to the Library Lounge to people watch, have a light breakfast and read the paper. Such a comfortable setting.



After a long day of sightseeing through lovely Buenos Aires, it's time for a bite at "El Mercado." They have an excellent menu with Argentinian cuisine. The decor is amazing with vintage and antique pieces throughout.

Loving this room.

What's a night in a swanky hotel without a show. El Cabaret has great live shows and you can't help but love the gold Chiavari chairs against the red backdrop. Wow.



After a full day, it's off to zzzzz.....

A girl can dream, right? Thanks for joining me at the Faena!


All photos courtesy of Faena Hotel + Universe

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's a date, when should we leave? I mean it!!
qerat said…
Love this hotel, seen it in a book if i remember correctly called fashion hotels. I love Starck's work
good post.
Great blog
Crave said…
I'm going to start saving too!! And looking for cheap airfare!

Popular Posts